We are a group of students from Spain who recently started building an InMoov robot. Our goal is to make it learn some gestures and also use OpenCV service so it can follow our heads (or at least a tenis ball).
However I (who is in charge of the coding part) encountered some problems in regard to work with the scripts, well I literally haven't advance much in this matter.
I have some easy questions for you guys, since I'm not very good at coding I have struggled some time before turning to you for help.
Before I start with the questions I should give you some info. I'm using MRL v.1.0.1758 Lamiak and we already built the InMoov head. We tested the movements with the Arduino+Servo services, all fine, but when we tried to use InMoov Head service, It started doing some weird things, probably because pin order and other wiring mistakes.
Anyways, here we go:
- How do I start scripting? I understand that we can use the python tab from GUI, code there and execute the scripts there too?
- Where I can find every service internal code? Are they stored in a online server? (I cannot find them in MRL main folder)
- How do can I modify these codes so I overwrite my changes and save them in my hard disk to use them later?
- What is the purpose or difference of the web GUI with the java GUI?
- Apart from Python (jython??) and Arduino languages, is there any other language I should take into account?
- Which software is recommended to debug python scripts? perhaps NetBeans? I have read something about Eclipse but I cannot understand how to install it.
- Could you point me to any link I can use to learn some basic concepts other than those which I can find in the tutorial / documentation part of this page?
These are questions I tried to answer myself but, this project deadline is getting closer and I would like to show it working functionally.
Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.