I started to test the Servo service to be able to make it work again.
I made some testing on version 1723 and the repeated the same tests on the latest version.
The first thing I found is that the rest position is completley ignored when you attach a servo. So independant of how you set the rest position the servo will move to position 0. This is probably the reason that poople have broken robot parts now. I changed the default positoin that a servo will move to att attach to eb 90, but I need to discuss with GroG and other MRL developers about how it should be done.
I also found that the setController method was renamed to attach, and now has some different logic than it originally had. I think the setContoller method was intended to be used by the GUI's so that the ServoController could be selected in one the Swing gui, and show up as selected in the WebGui, making the Servo sevice the model for both GUI's that would the be viewers. Like in a normal ModelViewerControl concept. But the attach method that it was renamed to, tries to attach using a pin that may / may not have been assigned.
The setInverted method seems to be broken too. I have not yet digged into the details of that.