First credit must be given to the SimpleOpenNI project, which created a clean and manageable interface to OpenNI & NITE.
The SimpleOpenNI project describes itself this way:
"This project is a simple OpenNI and NITE wrapper for Processing. Therefore not all functions of OpenNI are supported, it's meant more to deliver a simple access to the functionality of this library."
They did a great job. And although they created it specifically for Processing. Because it was such a great project, we have decided to Borg it in.
Regrettably - the OpenNI has some repo/pathing problems. They will be fixed, but before that happens the system in the repo/libraries path needs to be removed. And before that happens the repo has to be fixed.
This link describes a work-around
- Reference For SimpleOpenNI and Kinect
- SkelTrak - less Jitter
- FingerTIp Extraction Processing OpenCV
- Drawing Depth with Kinect
- 3D Vector & Matrix Math
- Kinect Microphone Array in Java - Andrew Davison
- Kinect Open Source Programming Secrets
- Vibration Motors for High Accuracy
- Listening with Kinect
- Common Bridge - Cinder
- Finger Tracker
- SimpleOpenNI Home
- Reference for Simple-OpenNI and the Kinect
- Another Finger Tracker
- How to Install OpenNI 2 + Nite 2 + Kinect SDK 1.6 + windows 7 32/64
- ODROID binaries
- How to Install OpenNI 2 + Nite 2 + Kinect SDK 1.6 + windows 7 32
- OpenNI downloads
- DWR's foray into getting OpenNI working on MRL
- My experiments into OpenNI
- How-to: Successfully Install Kinect on Windows (OpenNI and NITE)
- Examples from SONI
- OpenNI API
- Open Source Alternatives to MS SDK
This is the service page for OpenNI.
Currently, this service is under dire need of development & stabalization. OpenNI itself seems to be in dire need of development and stabalization ;) DWR has tested SimpleOpenNI & OpenNI "unstable" releases.
- fix packages in repo
- matrix of working, non-working, kinect, xtion, and un-testedcombinations
- images back from camera
- gesture capture & recognition
- distribute 1 binary for status check
- split service into two - GestureRecognition & PointCloud
Needs repo bundle & driver info
|Works - needs work||
Native - libnimCodecs.so libnimMockNodes.so libnimRecorder.so libOpenNI.jni.so libOpenNI.so
|Linux (Ubuntu) 12.10 ?||64||
Missing Native Files !
Missing Native Files !
|Windows (7)||64||Did Work - needs verification||
Native - OpenNI.jni64.dll OpenNI64.dll
Block Diagram of Modules