Just a Quick "Periscopes Up" for anyone looking for a Free Logic Simulator - Quick bash up above as taster.
- chronogram -- to see the evolution of signals in your circuit
- electronic board integration -- schematics can now be simulated on real hardware!
- board editor -- to add new electronic boards
- VHDL component -- a new component type whose behavior is specified in VHDL
- TCL/TK console -- interfaces between the circuit and the user
- DIP switches
- RGB LEDs
- GUI improvements
- code refactoring
Next step is to experiment with the Verilog code that it is claimed to output... and port it to my Deo-Nano FPGA board.
Holy-Moly :- That was a fall off the back of a chair moment...
Altera Deo-Nano Cyclone iV FPGA Development board ToolChain
Install :- Quartus II Software inc. the Deo-Nano USB driver
Point the Logisim Altera/Intel Quartus toolpath under the Preferences tab to the install directory (in my case C:\altera\13.0\quartus\bin\) so the compiler can be shanghaied.
Fire up Logisim and make your Circuit.....
Set up the Deo-Nano environment via its neat FPGA Editor :-
It will then pop up a board overlay... presenting your I/O pins .
Where you can fine tune the configuration (I made no changes).
Then Synthesize :-
Any unmapped I/o's need to be mapped simply by selecting and pressing the neat board overlay on the LED/IO your require..
Execute and Download direct to the Board .....
Virtual Logic becomes Actual Logic ....