version 2 legs

harland's picture

I started over on the legs. Learned some of what not works on the first set. New legs: the black is nylon-X, blue is ABS, gray is aluminum. I bought a Tormach CNC this summer and have been making some parts out of metal. Lots of fun and lots to learn. The gears and shaft couplers came from Serrvo City. I am still using RoboClaw motor controllers. There are 6 motors on each leg. 3 for hips, 1 for knee, and 2 for ankles. For the main support I used 1 inch square alum. (80/20). All parts are in CAD, Autodesk Inventor.

Check Arm with force sensor.

dom14's picture

Check arm with force sensor + HX711.

Time of Flight >>> Rounded Corners !!!

Gareth's picture

I placed the Sensor rig into a cardboard box just to get a feeling for the data.

This is two passes of the probe, so you can see the slight variance in data.

Overlaying the raw data for 180°.... this was with GIMP so its just approximate

all looks kinda good except Hmmmm.... rounded corners cannot be explained...

another scan with DVD's :-

help showing pictures in forum

harland's picture

I have never mastered moving pictures to my form posts in MRL. It seems I need a drive to save them to and then post the link to the picture of that drive. If I save pictures of my new legs to my google drive. How do I post them to the MRL form. What is the of the statement or link I need to add? Or is there a better way?

thanks, harland

Help neeeded

suly333's picture


Please I need help with my InMoov, 


everything was working ok until recently when I started my start_INMOOV but myrobot lab get stuck with this message from the command promptsnip


Point cloud anyone !!! maybe 3D scanner

Gareth's picture

Its scanning, the stealthy Dual Time of Flight wiring was a soldering pig to execute (or should I say "Exterminate").

Data is flowing.... at momo a bit strange 200 Steps = 360° (until microstep instigated giving theoretical 1/16 steps ermm if my maths is correct 3200 Steps for 360° however at the price of speed)

What to say if not "Oh my God"

Spawn32's picture



Alex , they beat you to the dancing bot :)

inmoov eye cam vs yolo

martoys1's picture

hello ...i am building INMOOV and ,,i am starting the eyes installation ,,and i already bought a LifeCam 3000 HD Microsoft for head traking,,,,,the question is : should i buy and install a second cam for YOLO aplication for objects recongnition,, right now 

Double_ing up the "Time of Flight" sensors

Gareth's picture

Two is better than one...... (or 4 or 8 etcetcetc).

Following successful experiments with 1 single Time of Flight distance sensor mounted to Stepper, watching the scan process its seems to lend its self to setting the scan to just 180° and mount two sensors back to back to extract the whole 360°...... (or 90° scan with 4 sensors, hope you see where I am going with this :-)