GroG's blog

Interesting to see other people work

GroG's picture

Here's kwatters Harry.py

He splits  the UI apart with undock in the script and uses the Servo mixer .. nifty !
I made undock and dock but never setPosition(x,y) or setSize(width, height) ...
Would be nice to have the new configuration auto-magically generate that script.


Jetson Nano: Vision Recognition Neural Network Demo

GroG's picture

 

Link worth saving from the shoutbox.

 


Servo Updates

GroG's picture

Servo vs HobbyServo

Servo      HobbyServo

Oh Baby

GroG's picture

 

 

But, in reality - most people want their robots to preform less foreplay ...   

(hurry up, just charge me up !)  


startPeers() .. a cool method - but no one is ready ...

GroG's picture

I created a new method call startPeers() .. it recursively starts all peers (so peers of peers too).
The only rule you have to follow as a Service devloper is 


Servo.setAutoDisable(true/false)

GroG's picture

I think I now understand some of the complexity moz4r was trying to deal with in Servo.

setAutoDisable is a great function, and it has saved many Servo lives from blue smoke and 21 gun funeral salutes

But with autoDisable comes a "new" servo State.  


Servo Gui Questions

GroG's picture

More ServoGui updates, also notice the (save, load, refresh) buttons on the top right.  I got tired of having to start a python service and doing a  :
servo.broadcastState()

Same goes for load & save.

If speed control is selected the regularly disabled speed settings are enabled.  500 is the default max & default start setting.


New Servo Interface

GroG's picture

I have not visited the Servo service for a long time.  It gained functionality, but some of the implementations make it very difficult to extend in the future.  Additionally, there were some problems which made the code unecessarily complicated.


Servo ServoControl ServoController and Confusion

GroG's picture

Servo Attach Bug

Thank you Mats for pointing out that a servo controller name should be work as well as a reference
(https://github.com/MyRobotLab/myrobotlab/issues/486)

I caused a bug by removing

servo.attach(name, pin, position)

And I removed it because it was never defined in the ServoControl interface.