hairygael's blog

Kinect 360 Google Chrome and WebKitRecognition

hairygael's picture
Hello, hello, hello,
I personaly do not use the mics of the kinect, but someone on the InMoov forum is having the same issue.
So I am reporting an issue regarding using the microphone of the kinect 360 with Chrome and Webkitrecognition.
Using the Kinect360 with Windows10, SDK 1.8, MyRobotLab 2693,  gets a "no microphone found" in Chrome.
Although the kinect microphone is correctly detected and selected in Google Chrome.

Sensor and Sensitivity

hairygael's picture
Hello everyone! It's been months since I didn't log in to MRL shoutbox.
 
If I log it's because I need a little help on something that is frustrating me since last night.
I am designing a new hand with much better sensors and sensitivity. AH3503+ micro magnet 2x1mm

InMoov knee actuation

hairygael's picture

This my latest refined knee model which is running with the service DIY Servo.

I love that service by the way!! Well let say, I just love MyRobotLab!

It's incredible the evolution it has under gone since I started this project.

Before everyone starts to break it after the Manticore, I am asking Santa to implement velocity in that service to see what is smoothness of movement on payload, and if it can still control with enough power.

:)


Legs for InMoov to 3D print

hairygael's picture
Hello all,

Get your printers warmed UP!! The legs I had created a long time ago for InMoov are ready to download.

Remember this modele is only for standing, I'm still working on the motorized version.
http://inmoov.fr/inmoov-legs-for-printing/


Three complete robots built in 25 days

hairygael's picture

Designing, 3D printing, assembling and painting of these respectively 1.60m, 160m and 1.20m robots was done in 25 days.

I barely had nights to sleep, working alone in my work shop, I thought I wouldn't be able to accomplish the task in time.

The surface finishing with car filler on all the 3D printed parts took me a long time to get a perfect smooth finish for the paint job.


AcapellaSpeech is out of usage

hairygael's picture

AcapellaSpeech is out of usage since yesterday, due to restrictions on the demo mode.

Because we need a speaking robot, I will try to use MarySpeech service instead of AcapellaSpeech service.

So I run a simple script like this:

inmoovTest = Runtime.createAndStart("inmoovTest", "ProgramAB")
inmoovTest.startSession("ProgramAB", "gael", "inmoovTest")
mouth = Runtime.createAndStart("i01.mouth", "MarySpeech")
mouth.setVoice("cmu-bd1-hsmm")


Using "if" function with faceTracking

hairygael's picture

This should be very simple for many of you guys, but since I didn't create the faceTracking service, I am swimming far from offshore to reach the coast.

So, here is what I'm trying to do:


converter for AIML encoded "ISO-8859-1" to "UTF-8"

hairygael's picture

So to make it short.

I found a free French Open Source chat bot which contains a lot of possibilities based on ALICE2.0.

The problem is that all the AIML files are encoded in "ISO-8859-1"

Therefore when I use French with WebKitRecognition it doesn't work correctly and takes only the default answers.

#############################

Here is how the AIML are looking like: